How to unlock AT&T iPhone Free
In this post we’ll explain about how to unlock AT&T iPhone for free. We’ll briefly talk about various options available for AT&T iPhone unlock including jailbreak method, gevey sim method and Factory Unlock iPhone.
Many of us are having an AT&T Locked iPhone either bought on AT&T contract or purchased from eBay or some third party and looking for a sim unlocking solution. Good news is that now you can factory unlock AT&T iPhone for free.
Older generation of iPhone like 2G, 3G or 3GS can be unlocked very easily using freely available software solutions like ultrasn0w after jailbreaking it. However, later generation of iPhones like iPhone 4, 4s and 5 pose a problem when it comes to those software unlock. Free software unlock for iPhone 4 is available only upto baseband 01.59.00 and no software unlock available for iPhone 4S and 5. So, how to unlock your iPhone and use it on another network when you are stuck with a phone which is locked to AT&T. We are covering all of the unlocks method available for your AT&T locked iPhones depending on model and baseband.
- Free software unlock: iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS (any baseband) and iPhone 4 (01.59.00) can be easily unlocked with these software solutions freely available all over the net. The best part is that you can do it yourself without much technical knowledge by just following the online tutorials. You may refer to our post How to unlock iPhone using ultrasn0w for details.
- Sim interposer solution (Gevey sim, R-sim etc.): There are varieties of sim inter poser solutions available in the market at a reasonable price. However, be careful before buying any of them as Sim interposer solution does not work with all the basebands. iPhone 4 upto only baseband 4.10.01 can be unlocked with Gevey sim. These sims does not work with higher baseband like 4.11.08 or 4.12.01. Similar story for iPhone 4S, Gevey sim worked perfectly till the baseband 2.0.12. However, after that baseband, even though it works after lot of effort, you keep getting troubles. In case you have an iPhone 5, it doesn’t work with Gevey sim at all, no matter which firmware or baseband you are on. For a detailed list of unlock solution according to the model, firmware and baseband is available as Unlocking Bible at our website.
- Factory Unlocking Service: Now coming to all the unsupported model, firmware or baseband which can not be unlocked through any of the above two solutions. Luckily, still there is a way to unlock these iPhones and this is the best solution among all the available solutions. that’s simply get your AT&T iPhone factory unlocked officially. There are two ways of doing it:
1) Free and
AT&T will unlock your iPhone for free
If you are an existing or former AT&T customer with good account standing, you can request for a factory unlocking of any of your iPhone which is already out of contract from AT&T. This is absolutely free. AT&T will factory unlock your iPhone on just a call to their customer care. Just that you can get only 5 such iPhone unlocked in a year. This is the limit placed by AT&T as per their unlocking policy. You may place a request either by calling the AT&T customer care number of by filling an online form available at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/. Refer to this link to know if you are eligible for a free unlock and if yes, congratulations. AT&T will process your request within one week and you’ll have a permanent factory unlocked iPhone or AT&T unlock iPhone.
iOS Basics can legally factory unlock your iPhone IMEI even if it’s still under contract
Now, for those who are not or were never have been a customer of AT&T, there is paid solution available. Again, luckily it comes very cheap, probably lower than the cost of a Gevey sim or the amount of time and effort you would waste with free software unlocks. iOS Basics offers permanent official iPhone factory unlock service similar to the one offered to AT&T customers with good account standing by AT&T. That too iOS Basics offers this service with same day unlocking guarantee. There is a 100% money back guarantee in case we fail to unlock your AT&T iPhone. You may refer to AT&T iPhone Unlock – Factory Unlocking Service for details.
This is the ONLY chance to Factory Unlock AT&T iPhone Permanently for non-AT&T customers. Once unlocked, it will never lock back up again, as it becomes a “Factory Unlocked iPhone” even after updating firmware.
[button link="http://www.iosbasics.com/shop/usa-att-factory-unlock-iphone-3g3gs44s5-2/" size="large"]Get your AT&T iPhone Unlock now[/button]
The advantage with our unlocking service is that you can get your AT&T iPhone unlocked even if it’s still under contract. We support all models of ATT iPhone such as AT&T iPhone 2G unlock, AT&T iPhone 3G unlock, AT&T iPhone 3Gs unlock, AT&T iPhone 4 unlock, AT&T iPhone 4S unlock and AT&T iPhone 5 unlock. After you unlock your AT&T iPhone, you can use it on other carriers like T-Mobile, Simple Mobile and International Use. Unlock iPhone AT&T now (Please make sure the network you want to use will be compatible with your Unlocked AT&T iPhone first).
Unlock all AT&T iPhone Models including:
Unlock AT&T iPhone 2G
Unlock AT&T iPhone 3G
Unlock AT&T iPhone 3GS
Unlock AT&T iPhone 4
Unlock AT&T iPhone 4S
Unlock AT&T iPhone 5
* Unlock process takes few hours to 1 Business Day max
* We can Unlock All Firmware or Baseband Versions of any AT&T iPhone!
* It doesn’t matter if you are still on contract!
AT&T iPhone Unlock Instructions:
1. Press *#06# to find your iPhone’s IMEI number
2. Place your order below on “Step 1″
3. Once finished processing you will receive and email from us saying “Completed” or “Unlocked”.
4. Now follow the below steps:
– Install last version of iTunes
– Make sure your iTunes is the latest version
– Connect phone to iTunes with not accepted (not valid) sim card
– Wait until iTunes detects phone
– Now disconnect your iPhone and then reconnect after 10 seconds.
– Phone is Unlocked! You will see this on iTunes:
NOTE : This is the only “lifetime” unlock solution for AT&T iPhones as the IMEI is registered as “Unlocked” in Apple database. Your phone will always be unlocked even after each new update of your phone firmware!